Having a healthy diet is extremely important to staying healthy. Most people with CF require a higher calorie intake.
Your body needs those enzymes to absorb calories, vitamins, and minerals from food. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) makes it hard for your body to digest food or maintain a healthy weight.
In this post you will find 10 Healthy Recipes/ Snacks.
To learn more about Cystic Fibrosis and dietary needs read IV Solutions blog post, Healthy Diet Tips for Cystic Fibrosis.
Here are 10 Healthy Recipes/ Snacks links inspired for the Cystic Fibrosis Community.
1. Quinoa and Chia Seed Toasted Granola Bars Who doesn’t want something that’s as delicious as it is nutritious? These granola bars are perfect for an after school snack or when you’re headed towards the gym. Made with toasted quinoa and chia seed and other seeds that are perfectly put together with honey and dark chocolate, this snack is something for everyone to enjoy!
2. Creamy Baja Avocado Pasta (with chili lime chicken) Avocado Pasta full of baja flavors, accented with sweet corn, bell peppers and pepitas. Make this dish even more delicious by adding tender chili lime chicken. Only takes 30 minutes to spice up your dinner table.
3. Cheesy Meatball Cups These Cheesy Meatball Cups are perfect for game day, picnic day or any day! This simple fast appetizer that will make your game day party the topic of conversation.
4. No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars Everyone loves No Bake Cookies but you can break out of the sweet line by bringing these delicious No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars! Healthy and super fast and easy, these are an instant hit with anyone.
5. Fluffy Dinner Rolls As everyone knows the highlight of any Thanksgiving table is of course… The rolls! These fluffy, soft rolls are sure to make an impact on your Thanksgiving dinner (or even your Monday or Thursday dinner).
6. No Wait Pizza Stromboli You know whats better than pizza? A rolled up pizza (aka Stromboli). This yummy dinner delight only takes 35 minutes to make. Savor the sauce, layers of cheese, meat and garlic crust all in one bite. Every Bite.
7. Hash Brown Shepherds Pie Hashbrowns make everything better. Especially this Shepherd’s Pie, filled with essentials like beef, corn and carrots the hashbrowns are the cherry on top of this amazing classic dinner.
8. Cinnamon Pear Strudel With Vanilla Glaze Have this flakey pastry for dessert or a special breakfast. Its filled with vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter sautéed pears.
9. Peanut Butter Shake This high calorie, protein packed shake is great for a pre exercise snack. Filled with everything you need to get up and start your day the right way, peanut butter and vanilla ice cream fueling your day.
10. Mini Chicken Pot Pie One of grandma’s famous dishes is now mini sized (which makes it even better of course). Perfect for a cozy night in or family get together dinner (grandma will be super impressed).