TOBI® is a tobramycin inhalation solution used to help Cystic Fibrosis patients over the age of six manage and treat chronic P. aeruginosa, a bacterial infection common in patients with Cystic Fibrosis, which can cause breathing difficulty, pneumonia and a lack of oxygen.
TOBI® was first approved by the FDA in 2013. TOBI® is specifically formulated for inhalation and delivery to the lungs by the use of a hand-held PARI LC PLUS Reusable Nebulizer and a DeVilbiss® Pulmo-Aide air compressor. TOBI® can be taken anywhere, at home, school, or work.
IV Solutions is a reliable full-service pharmacy serving all 50 states that offer TOBI® to those in need. IV solutions has been providing TOBI® to Cystic Fibrosis patients since it was FDA approved in 2013. TOBI is only one of many life changing products that IV Solutions can offer to those in need. Find out the IV Solutions’ Benefits for CF Patients >>
Components of the TOBI®
TOBI® comes in a single dose, ready-to-use ampule containing 300 mg of tobramycin. Each foil pouch contains four ampules. TOBI is formulated and intended to be used with a hand-held PARI LC PLUS Reusable Nebulizer and a DeVilbiss® Pulmo-Aide air compressor.
Tips for taking TOBI® (Tobramycin)
- Do not use other medications in your nebulizer other than TOBI.
- Your nebulizer should be cleaned between treatment sessions to ensure no risk of infection or illness.
- TOBI ampules should be kept refrigerated. However, if there is no refrigerator available the foil pouches can be kept at room temperature for up to 28 days.
- Do not use TOBI if it appears to be cloudy, has particles in it, or has been kept at room temperature for more than 28 days. Do not use TOBI beyond the expiration date stamped on the ampule.
- Doses should be taken as close to 12 hours apart as possible. Doses should not be taken less than six hours apart.
- Patients on multiple therapies are often instructed to take other treatments first, then followed by TOBI.
- Always consult your physician and CF care team about using any medication or inhalation equipment.
Further resources regarding TOBI
TOBI® is a registered trademark of Novartis AG.